Do you play online slot machines? Have you heard of people addicted to gambling? Do you think that cannot happen to you?
Addiction to playing slot machines
Addiction to slot machines is as addictive as others. Many people are addicted to alcohol, drugs, sex, cigarettes, video games, and many other modern vices. Addiction also applies to computer gaming and online gambling.
Mentally unbalanced people are more likely to become addicted. However, strong people can also find themselves in a difficult situations. When a person is depressed, he should refrain from any vices he can afford. Never play when you are tired, when you have privacy problems or when you are under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
Preventive measures to prevent online gambling addiction
All casinos and online gambling sites provide tools to prevent addiction. This is a set of restrictions that limit play. However, it is up to the player to set personal limits. Think about it before you start playing.
Limitation of losses
It is up to you to determine how much you are willing to lose while playing. It should be an amount of money that doesn’t jeopardize your family’s budget or savings. After setting this limit, the casino system will not allow you to lose more.
Limitation of playing time
How can I tell if gambling has become addictive for me?
Many casinos offer the opportunity to limit the time spent playing. This helps prevent a player from being neglected by their work, friends, and family due to excessive gambling.
There are many tests online that measure the degree of dependence on slot machine gaming. But you can also just answer these questions:
- Am I spending more money on gambling than I can afford to spend on entertainment?
- Am I trying to recover from the previous days by continuing to play?
- Am I trying to solve my financial problems while gambling?
- Do I gamble during business hours?
- Am I better at gambling than meeting friends?
- Would you spend more time gambling than your family?
- Resolving residual problems by playing slot machines instead?
- Am I trying to improve my bad mood or depression while playing? Do I play when I’m tired?
- Do I combine alcohol, drugs, and gambling?
- Am I playing longer than originally planned?
If you answered YES to at least one question, this is the first sign of addiction. Don’t underestimate it.
I have a gambling addiction – what can I do?
If you can acknowledge your addiction, this is the first important step in solving the problem. The next step involves temporarily blocking your gambling accounts or at least setting the necessary restrictions.
Addiction can rarely be overcome alone – you will need the help of close people. One way is to talk to family members and solve the problem together. If you are afraid of a family reaction, contact a psychologist for help or anonymous support centers. The following links may be helpful.